Territory Tourism Voucher
The Northern Territory Government has announced another two rounds of the Territory Tourism vouchers delivering up to 81,000 vouchers in total.
- Round 1, launched on 1 July 2020 - $5.2 million (including GST) program currently underway.
- Round 2, will launch on 1 November 2020 - $5 million (+ GST) program not yet open.
- Round 3, will launch on 1 February 2021 – $5 million (+ GST) program not yet open.
Details will be made available in the coming months.
More about Round 1
Round 1 Territory Tourism Vouchers - is a $5.2 million package, offering Territorians aged 18+ a Territory Tourism Voucher worth up to $200 if they contribute $200 of their own money.
The Territory Tourism Voucher scheme opened at 12.01am on Wednesday 1 July 2020 and all vouchers have now been allocated.
The Voucher provides an incentive to support our struggling tourism industry and to experience our great Territory lifestyle by encouraging Territorians to purchase bookable tourism products.
Once downloaded, vouchers are valid for 30 days only and must be booked within this time, and travel must be completed by 31 October 2020.
The Territory Tourism Voucher is supported by a marketing campaign ‘Never have I ever…’, which asks Territorians to think about tourism experiences they hear and see tourists doing day in and day out but have never got around to experiencing themselves.
Get involved - For operators
This stimulus for locals to experience the Territory’s tourism products is an incentive to spend money with operators to allow to sustain your business until borders re-open and interstate tourists can visit.
As a valued tourism industry member we encourage you to get involved:
- Make sure your product, availability, pricing and business details are up to date with your local Regional Tourism Organisation. To become a member of Tourism Top End and Tourism Central Australia, or simply to update your products on Bookeasy, contact your RTO:
Tourism Top End: [email protected] or https://www.tourismtopend.com.au/
- Update your listing (through ATDW) on northernterritory.com. Find out how here
- Package your product to include hospitality experiences (to reach the value of the voucher)
- From 22 June 2020, operators can download the campaign creative assets here which you can add to your website
- Update your own website with your available products and services
- Share the campaign creative and messaging on your social platforms and don’t forget to tag #NeverHaveIEverNT, @NTAustralia, #NTAustralia, @tourismtopend, @discoverCA and your respective regional and business hashtags and handles