Territory Tourism Voucher Round 1
The Territory Tourism Voucher Round 1 delivered a dollar for dollar matched $200 incentive, for Territorians over the age of 18 to support the tourism industry and to experience our great Territory lifestyle.
Round 1 was conducted from 1 July to 31 October 2020 with a total funding pool of $5.2 million (including GST).
As at 2 November 2020:
- $4.2 million was used through Territory Tourism Voucher Round 1 with 24,5703 vouchers redeemed.
- $9.7 million in total gross sales was achieved, generating a return on investment of $1 : $2.32
- Round 1 registrations opened at midnight on 1 July 2020, with the program fully subscribed within nine hours.
- 30,318 consumers subscribed to marketing promotional messaging.
- E-newsletter average open rate was 45.48% and click through rate 24.53%
- Tourism 'packages' for Top End Deals, The Lost Camel, Central Australia 'accommodation' deals and Kings Canyon Resort ranked as the highest e-newsletter deals clicked.
|Car / Campervan Hire||$135,521|
|Cruise / Other||$134,195|
|Parks and Reserves||$390|
|Round 2 Testing||$5,320|
|Grand Total||$ 9,720,546|
Sales by Region
|Operator Region||Booking Value|
|Alice Springs & Surrounds||$857,691|
|Barkly & Surrounds||$80,455|
|Darwin & Surrounds||$6,155,192|
|Kakadu National Park||$1,264,571|
|Katherine & Surrounds||$1,037,412|
|Uluru & Surrounds||$211,609|
A marketing campaign was prepared to support the registration and redemption of the Territory Vouchers for Round 1, however due to the over subscription of registrants within hours of the program opening the marketing campaign was not required.
Targeted e-newsletters were also distributed to those people that opted in, coordinated through Tourism NT, Tourism Top End, Tourism Central Australia and the Katherine Visitor Information Centre.