Regional Destination Plans
Destination Management Plans (DMP's) are a key requirement for accessing future investment in regions. Tourism NT has engaged Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu as consultants to assist in the development of Destination Management Plans for the Big Rivers and three Central Australia regions, which are soon due for completion.
The plans are informative documents for regional stakeholders, to guide management and investment decisions within the destination and help achieve the following outcomes:
- increase visitor numbers and extend length of stay in a region through consumer focus, attractive and safe experiences and more effective promotion
- strengthen relationships with neighbouring regions and states to enhance the existing road journeys
- encourage visitors to leave the highway and travel through some of the more remote and natural areas of the region
- ensure a coordinated approach to tourism between business, government, the tourism industry and communities.
For further information or if you would like to provide feedback from your region please contact [email protected]
Regional Master Plans
The below Master Plans have also been developed to help progress tourism in the Territory's regions.
Alice Springs & MacDonnell
- Read the Barkly Regional Master Plan