Mataranka Magic stars on Instagram
- 30 December 2018
The photo received more than 8,300 likes to take out top spot on the Top 10 most liked photos of the year on @NTAustralia.
The tropical image was captured by local Darwin photographer, Mel Brautigam (@savvy_Social).
It was a big year for the Mataranka region, with an image of Bitter Springs liked by more than 1 million Instagram users around the globe after it was shared on the social media giant’s official account, @Instagram, in July.
Uluru again proved popular on Instagram with six of the Top 10 most liked photos on @AusOutbackNT featuring the iconic destination.
Tourism NT’s official social media accounts have a combined following of more than 758,000 and are an important tool when marketing the Territory to a global audience.
From the Top End to the Red Centre, the Territory offers an abundance of unique natural landscapes, attractions and experiences for today’s Insta-traveller that will give them the ultimate brag-ability to all their friends.
Locals and visitors are encouraged to share their best Territory photos on Instagram with the hashtag #NTaustralia for a chance to be featured.
Top 10 Most Like Instagram Images on @AusOutbackNT for 2018:
- Mataranka Thermal Pool by @savvy_social received 8,300+ likes
- Uluru night sky by @bmillar.au received 8,300 likes
- Kakadu road trip by @elisecook received 7,900 likes
- Helicopter flight over Uluru by @shaun_jeffers received 7,500 likes
- Uluru Field of Light by @kate_miles_ received 7,500 likes
- Swimming at Maguk, Kakadu by @lisahnl received 7,200 likes
- Rain waterfalls on Uluru by @chaseolearyphoto received 7,100 likes
- Uluru storm by Kartikeya Sharma (via Facebook) received 7,100 likes
- Helicopter flight over Kata Tjuta by @jasoncharleshill received 7,000 likes
- Darwin storm by @c_a_s_s_a_n_d_r_a received 7,000 likes