In order to grow overnight holiday visitor expenditure in the Northern Territory to between $1.46 billion and $1.79 billion by 2030, six key priority objectives have been identified:
- Grow investment in the Northern Territory’s remarkable assets, product and regions
- Strengthen and showcase the Northern Territory’s distinctive Aboriginal cultural tourism experiences
- Through strategic marketing activities grow the value of the holiday market in the Northern Territory
- Leverage and build events to drive visitation
- Develop ongoing access to and within the Northern Territory
- Increase recognition of the value of tourism in the Northern Territory.
A genuine partnership approach between industry and Government, focused on opportunities that span all aspects of the visitor economy, is essential to achieving our target.