Northern Territory Top Tourism Town Awards 2022
Top Tourism Town Awards 2022
**NOMINATIONS EXTENDED UNTIL COB 31 MAY 2022**
The Top Tourism Town Awards showcase the value of tourism to the towns and communities across Australia and celebrate the diversity and outstanding regional destinations of our country. The awards are designed to showcase the value of tourism to many towns and communities, encourage visitor dispersal into regional Australia and recognise those local tourism operators, visitor centres and councils committed to making their town the very best destination it can be.
The Northern Territory is now looking for our top towns in the following three categories:
- Top Tourism Town Award – town with a population over 5,000 people
- Small Tourism Town Award – town with a population under 5,000 people
- Tiny Tourism Town Award – town with a population under 1,500 people
To find out more download the Northern Territory Top Tourism Town 2022 Entrant Guidelines
- Nominations close - COB Tuesday 31 May 2022
- Winners Announced - Tuesday 28 June 2022
- National Winners Announced - September 2022
The following information will be required from the entrant within their submission.
Media & Promotional
- The name/details of the person who will accept the awards at the Awards Presentation should you win the category
- The name/details of the person who will be corresponding with the Media should you win the category
- A separate 100-word description about your town
- Two hero images that best depict your entry.
- An overview of the town including target market and its commitment to tourism.
- An itinerary for a defined target market e.g. two adults and two children for the number of days/nights as per your category requirements:
- Top Tourism Town - 4 days / 3 nights
- Small Tourism Town - 3 days / 2 nights
- Tiny Tourism Town - 2 days / 1 night
- Entrants must submit a text and optional PDF version of the itinerary.
- Include both accommodation and activities.
- A 30 second to 2 minute promotional video which highlights the key attractions and experiences in the nominated town or city
- The video must be submitted in MP4 format and must be wide-screen and high-definition
- The video must be suitable for public viewing and cannot infringe on the intellectual property, privacy, publicity, ownership or any other legal or moral rights of any third party.
- A short editorial article on why visitors should come to your town or city and what they could experience during their visit
- The article must not be more than 800 words and entrants must submit both a Word and PDF version of the article
- The article should be written in the style of a feature article for print or online media
- The article must be accompanied by six images (Images to be high resolution PNG files less than 250kb)
- All images must be free of copyright and will be used during the Awards presentation and on certificates.
Accommodation and Attractions
A list of accommodation and attraction activities that can generate a GRI score via ReviewPro.
- Top Towns – 5 of each (5 x accommodation, 5 x attraction)
- Small Towns – 3 of each (3 x accommodation, 3 x attraction)
- Tiny Towns – 2 of each (2 x accommodation, 2 x attraction)
^The entrant must have approval from each accommodation/attraction for the state/territory program to create a ReviewPro account and access the GRI.
Nominations are now open. Nominations will be accepted via the tourism awards portal. To nominate your town go to Quality Tourism Australia
Once a new user registration has been created:
- Log on using the email and password you created
- Select Australian Tourism Awards – view more information
- Nominate Now
- Provide – Business Trading Name of Nominator, Select Northern Territory and Region
- Select category to nominate
- Small Tourism Town
- Top Tourism Town
- Tiny Tourism Town
- Agree to the terms and conditions
- Complete the mandatory fields
- You will then be able to upload the information as part of your entry.