Tourism Rebound Taskforce
The Territory Government has established a Tourism Rebound Taskforce made up of national experts to provide strategic and practical advice on a potential recovery roadmap for the local tourism industry which has been hard hit by COVID-19 measures.
The Taskforce will provide a national and international perspective on forging a pathway to recovery, bringing together leaders from across the tourism sector with expertise in accommodation and hospitality, drive tourism, aviation and touring.
The nine member Tourism Rebound Taskforce is chaired by Tourism NT’s Chair of the Board of Commissioners, Mr Michael Bridge. He is joined by fellow Board Commissioner, Mr Denis Pierce, Director of Linchpin and member of the National Tourism Restart Taskforce and Ms Helen Martin, Managing Director of Banubanu Wilderness Retreat and Chair of the Aboriginal Tourism Advisory Council.
Additional taskforce members are leaders in their industry and include:
- Ms Margy Osmond, CEO of the Tourism & Transport Forum
- Mr Simon McGrath, Chief Operating Officer for AccorHotels Pacific
- Ms Michaela Webster, Chief Operating Officer, Discovery Parks Group
- Mr Matthew Cameron Smith, Managing Director for AAT Kings
- Mr Peter Savoff, General Manager of the Darwin Convention Centre; and
- Mr Grant Hunt, CEO of Voyages Indigenous Tourism Australia.
Taskforce members have been appointed for an initial one month period (up to 30 May 2020).
The Tourism Rebound Taskforce is a non-statutory body and role and functions of the Tourism Rebound Taskforce are advisory.
Read the Terms of Reference