Tourism NT is a statutory authority constituted by the Northern Territory Government and operates as a division under the Department of Industry, Tourism and Trade.
Tourism NT's direct annual budget is largely funded through Northern Territory Government appropriation.
The Northern Territory Government's 2020 Budget focuses on protecting Territorians, putting jobs first and kick-starting the Territory’s economic recovery. It continues the COVID-19 response measures to keep the Territory the safest place in Australia through a jobs-led recovery.
The Jobs First Plan aims to protect existing jobs, create new jobs, and prepare Territorians for the jobs of the future. Initiatives include:
- The JobMaker Booster – to supplement and extend the Commonwealth’s JobMaker hiring credit ($7.8 million)
- The Roadhouse to Recovery Fund – to help upgrade infrastructure and amenities at roadhouses and wayside inns ($4 million)
- The Territory Small Business Saver Grant – to help businesses reduce their ongoing costs ($5 million)
- The Territory Small Business Customer Experience Grant – to help small businesses looking to enhance their customer experience ($5 million)
- The Territory Small Business Pivot Grant – to help businesses adapt to the new economic environment ($4 million)
- The Territory Small Business Financial Fitness Fund – helping businesses improve their financial knowledge and sustainability ($2 million)
- The Territory Small Business Supply Chain Solver – to help find solutions to supply chain issues affecting Territory businesses ($2 million)
- The Get SET in the NT program – supporting school leavers to study in the Territory, earn in the Territory, and train in the Territory ($5.2 million)
The NT Budget Statement shows the full budget breakdown for the Department of Industry, Tourism and Trade.