In late 2016, the ‘Guess Where?’ concept was introduced to the Do the NT brand campaign to show that there is more to do in the Northern Territory than you may think and that once you return from your holiday you will understand the true value of a holiday in the NT.
The new major 'Guess Where?' brand campaigns includes free-to-air broadcast TV commercials, pay TV, cinemas,digital advertising, outdoor advertising, YouTube, social media and co-operative campaigns with retail and airline partners.
Digital and print ads will promote regional areas of the NT like Darwin, Nhulunbuy, Kakadu, Katherine, Alice Springs , Tennant Creek and Uluru.
The initial campaign will be in market for six weeks and will be led by the TV commercials for the first three weeks followed by the print and digital media for the remaining three weeks. This staggered media approach will allow the public to see the characters and understand the story before the messaging is reinforced through digital and print media.
To help convert interest into actual holiday bookings, the campaign includes three travel partners that will be in market to leverage and extend the campaign's reach.
Watch the campaign television commercial below.
How to get involved
Below are some helpful tips you can use to help promote your own tourism business in conjunction with the new campaign.
- Northernterritory.com is the ‘call to action’ that the campaign will drive the consumers to so ensure your listing is accurate by updating your ATDW information.
- If you have TXA enabled as a booking distributor make sure you update your information, if you do not have TXA enabled now is a good time.
- Build the campaign key messages of: Do the NT, It's About Time and Stop Guessing into your website and advertising to connect to the campaign and leverage off the exposure it will generate.
- To ensure you are in the mix when the travel partner packages are in market contact your wholesalers and distribution partners to make sure you are listed and/or have a deal in market.
- Finally, if you have any budget for marketing, now is a good time to leverage off the awareness and intent Tourism NT’s advertising will create.
HOT TIP: For cost effective marketing look into Google Adwords and use some of the key words in the new campaign.
Find out more
For further information on marketing opportunities available, contact Tourism NT at email@example.com