Visitor Experience Enhancement Program
As part of the Turbocharging Tourism action plan the Northern Territory Government is provided $3 million over two years through the Visitor Experience Enhancement Program, to assist the tourism industry undertake projects that will improve the on-ground visitor experience in the NT.
Whilst the Visitor Experience Enhancement Program sought to enable the tourism industry to improve its customer experience, so that more visitors have positive experiences and will recommend the Territory to others. Priority was given to projects which demonstrated the greatest need for visitor enhancement.
The total pool of $3 million (GST exclusive) has now been committed, with one-off funding of up to $50 000 (ex GST) available per business.
To be successful, projects needed to:
- Be strategic in nature by delivering benefits to an individual business, multiple businesses or to a region;
- Be able to demonstrate through existing customer feedback the need for the visitor experience enhancement;
- Demonstrate how the proposal will enhance the visitor experience, increase favourable reviews and increase visitor numbers;
- Be able to be completed by 30 June 2019; and
- Include a matching cash co-contribution from the business (for applications of over $10,000 excluding GST).
Applicants must be able to demonstrate how the project will enhance the visitor experience, and provide evidence of customer feedback that the project will address. The program will operate via a merit based nomination process.
Round 1 closed on 30 April 2018. View recipients for Round 1 here.
Round 2 closed on 1 October 2018. View recipients for Round 2 here.
View the Visitor Experience Enhancement Program (VEEP) Guidelines.
For more information contact Destination Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or on (08) 8999 5198.
Projects are currently rolling out across the Territory.
To find out more, go to www.turbochargingtourism.nt.gov.au