Education sector activation plan
In line with the Tourism Industry Strategy 2030 to grow the value of the visitor economy, Tourism NT has developed a Australian School Education Tourism Activation Plan.
Building on the Northern Territory’s rich indigenous culture, pristine natural environment and the Top End’s geographic location as the gateway to Asia, Tourism NT is assisting interested operators to align their tourism product with the Australian Curriculum’s cross-curriculum priorities:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Histories and Culture
- Asia, and Australia’s Engagement with Asia
Tourism NT’s School Education Tourism Activation Plan has four key focus areas:
- Prepare local operators for school education tourism and ensure experiences align with the Australian Curriculum
- Foster collaboration across stakeholder groups to drive continuous improvement in the education tourism sector
- Positioning the Northern Territory as Australia’s leading education tourism region for Year 6-10 students
- Representing the Territory’s school education tourism interests at the national level.
Download a copy of the Australian School Education Tourism Activation Plan.
The education sector includes various segments related to students who travel to the NT. Tourism NT is focusing on domestic school excursions initially, with plans to explore opportunities to target the international education sector in the future.
For further information about Tourism NT’s work in the education sector, please contact [email protected].